Friday 21 June 2019

It has been a strange week this week as I have been on the main gate in the mornings as Mrs Custis has been with year 6 to the Isle of Wight. What I really liked was that all the foundation children said good morning to me as they happily skipped down to the unit. At this time of year we are writing reports and reflecting on the children's learning and maturity. We are always overwhelmed at how much they have changed which we noticed when we looked at photographs of them at the beginning of the year. They are all telling me that they are going in year 1 as if it is tomorrow. I always reply "not Yet" as we still have lots more learning to do.
I am sorry I had to cancel the trip but the coach cost was very high and then the entrance fee on top would have made it a very expensive day so we have decided to have a picnic in the grounds, weather permitting. This will be held on the same day in the afternoon so you are all welcome to join us.
The children will be making their own food so please do not bring anything in for them. This also eliminates any risk for children with food allergies.
Next week we are having our sports day, weather permitting. I hear it may be a hot one so please make sure your child has a sun hat and sun cream on. You are welcome to come and support your child during the morning. The children are grouped with 2 children from each year group to do the activities. You can follow your child's group around and cheer them on. We organise the groups in the main sports hall then bring them into the playground. If you wait in that area you will see your child's group which you can then follow. It sounds complicated but it generally runs smoothly. If you cant find your child's group find me and I will point you in the right direction.
I hope you all have a great weekend.
Mrs Robinson.

We have spent some time in our new wildlife area so I have put a few photographs for you to see.







No comments:

Post a Comment